Thursday, December 8, 2011

Lecture 2 (Fall 2011) Jennifer and Kevin McCoy

It was good to see the progression of their work. Their almost junky installations that require constant maintenance are interesting case in museum preservation. I liked the dream videos and the theater piece but the sound was disappointing. Somebody asked them after the lecture about it and they gave a good reason for that however I forgot it. I wonder how their work is seen today, when they started youtube was not in operation yet. There are many videos of classified moments in movies, edits to create another meaning. My favorite work though was the post apocalyptic shopping mall because of the topic, the manifestation in the work and moreover the fact that it was made for a mall! Though I truly respect their work I disliked their comment that only in America art is made fun. This was towards the end of the show. Well, their have their thing going well and as long as they are happy its all good.

No comments:

Post a Comment