Thursday, December 8, 2011

Lecture 3 (Fall 2011) Deke Weaver

This one caught me off guard. It was not a lecture but a performance. I could not believe that this calm and absolutely controlled person can become insane onstage. The performance was really good, it is something similar to the script I wrote for a video at the beginning of the semester. His stories were more focused though. His fuzzy kitty act spoke so much to me as I always wanted to do an animation with a fuzzy cute duckling and dwarfs. I enjoyed his energy on stage and can see that he really enjoys what he does. Sort of nihilistic but I often feel the same way too. His fuzzy kitty video was, as he stated later, inspired by a breakup. The second and third stories relate to my current work, the school children and authority; the 9-5 person finding meaning in life. One of his answers at the end, whether he would perform for children, made me believe he is honest and this is really important. But maybe a person should be careful to what extent, his answer was that he is hesitant because of parents not children because if he wants to talk about huge throbbing dicks he would. For reference see the second video down.




DON'T BE A DICK: A Message From the Honorable Senator from Deke Weaver on Vimeo.

No comments:

Post a Comment