Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Visiting Artists Meeting 2 (Fall 2011) Jennifer and Kevin McCoy

I feel that they separated my work in photo and video categories. The photo one they appreciated and accepted, referred to photographers I know (Dusseldorf of course) and praised the print quality. They saw the work on my web site as well. I fell they could not access the photo work though as much as they did the video work. And they did not like my art critic video. They expected more complexity in it as the joke becomes obvious too quickly. I agree. Speaking about Bulgaria they mentioned an artist living in New York they know of, Mariana Todorova. She deals with spatial stuff and her parents are architects or planners. I searched the name, which turned out to be wrong. The artist's name they referred to is Miryana Todorova, currently a grad student in SVA. She was my class mate in high school. I got in touch with her and tried to set a meeting in NYC when going for the NYFA panel but it felt through.

No comments:

Post a Comment