Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Visiting Artist Meeting 1 (Fall 2011) Zwelethu Mthethwa

We began looking at the candidacy images, a few prints though not all 12, moved to the rejects from the series that stay on my hard drive. These secondary images are about 50 including panoramas and videos. Zwelethu spoke mostly about formal aspects, black and white versus color, composition, choice of color palette, view point, light and time of day but not much about the ideas behind the images. I guess the urban issues I am working on are specific enough so that he couldn't respond to them. I showed him the waste industry images, which he liked. I suppose he was also confused as my work is not strictly documentary and goes into different genres. To my question about equipment, he has lately been shooting with a digital medium format camera and printing life size.

No comments:

Post a Comment